Here's a breakdown of what I've done in Step 1:
- I went online and looked up addresses to mail letters to those I don't have an email address for (most of my family members).
- I sent out emails to those few family members of mine who are online.
- I went to the post office and bought oodles of stamps.
- I composed a basic letter, a request for recipes. I had to write two different versions for different sides of the family.
- I wrote a separate letter (shorter and simpler) to my family members in Poland and Germany.
- I went to visit with my Polish-English translator and gave her the letter I need translated to send to my family members in Poland and Germany. (She will likely get it done this weekend so I should be able to get those letters out early next week.)
- I started addressing envelopes but quickly ran out. I'll have to make a trip to the office supply store this evening :-7
- I printed up a batch of return address labels.
- Buy more envelopes.
- Finish addressing the envelopes.
- Print up copies of my basic letters.
- Pick up my translated letter and make copies.
- Make up a list of who I've sent recipe requests to.
The next step will be reviewing cookbook software and choosing one that best meets my needs.