Thursday, February 23, 2006

Unsuccessful Census Search

(Hines Drive in Winter)

I spent a couple hours at the library yesterday checking out 1930 census records. I was determined to find a family that I haven't been able to find using their name (and variations on the name). I found their address (verified over serveral years) in the Detroit City Directories a couple weeks ago so I decided to look up the address on the census records. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful in finding it. I guess the census taker just missed their home/apt. I found the street and the address before them (5335 Chene) and the address after them (5329 Chene). But the address I was looking for (5331 Chene) just wasn't there. :-( Oh well, maybe I'll find them on the 1940 census when that becomes public (in 2,228 days).