Thursday, May 11, 2006

Class or Club?

My photography class is almost over. I have one more week of class and I'm finished. I don't feel like I've learned enough though. I want to learn more. I definitely feel like I've learned to use my camera better. But I want to learn more about what makes a good photo good.

When I see good photos I get drawn in to them. I see the story without needing words. Or I see something that makes me wonder what the story is, and that gets me hooked. They're photos with impact. That's what I want to learn to do. I want take pictures that tell a story without words. I want to take photos with impact.

I want to learn more about composition, mood, settings, and drama. I want assignments with lectures on how to put all the elements together and shoot the theme-of-the-week. And then I want to critique my photos and those of my classmates and discuss what could make each photo better. The problem is I don't know where to find that class.

Maybe it's not a class I'm looking for. Maybe it's a camera club. I've never been a member of a camera club so I have no idea what they do. Is there anyone out there who's a member of a camera club in the metro Detroit area that could help me out here? Anyone have any suggestions of photography classes that would be of interest to me?

I may have to do some research on the internet to see what I can come up with. Time to Google!





The gift shop at Greenfield Village