Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ramblings on writing, podcasts, and Tigers

Note to self: Next year start researching for NaNoWriMo 2 months ahead of time. (1.5 months isn't enough time :-( I'm still scrambling to get my research done and I'm quickly running out of time. Tomorrow is the absolute last day that I will put time in on research. What I don't know after that... well, I'll just have to wing it.

Have you heard the latest podcast from the Genealogy Guys Podcast site? I finally got around to listening to it today and I heard a very nice interview with Steve Danko. He sounds just like he writes... intelligent, informed, and organized with a touch of humor. Those of you researching Polish ancestors will especially enjoy this interview as Steve talks about how he made the "jump across the pond" with his research, his trip to Poland in 2000, and how he got started writing his genealogy blog. I don't generally listen to the Genealogy Guy's Podcasts because they tend to be about research in the U.S. and I don't really do research in the U.S. (certainly not outside of Detroit anyway). But the blurb about this week's podcast caught my interest and I'm glad I took the time to listen to it. Check it out and enjoy!

I'm getting a little concerned about our Tigers. It seems to me that their bats have gotten a little rusty and this rain delay probably isn't a good thing for them. Here's hoping they get to play tonight. Go Get 'Em Tigers!