Friday, January 05, 2007

Update on Resolution #2, Becoming a Tea Drinker

Ahhhh. That's the sound of a happy girl. I just took a sip of the first Diet Coke I've had since January 1st. It tastes great!

I'm not giving up on my New Year's resolution to become a tea drinker yet. I'm still working on that but it's not going well. I've basically been in a fog all week without my caffeine. All I want to do is sleep. I am making myself drink tea but I'm not enjoying it. I've tried a couple different kinds of hot tea (peach and green tea with honey and lemon) but I'm not overly fond of the stuff. I make myself drink it much like one would make themselves take their medicine... because it's good for you, not because you like it. I'm telling myself it's an acquired taste and I'm trying to believe it. But it's a hard sell.

I'm having better success with iced tea (the instant one already sweetened) but I question the benefits of it. Can it really still have antioxidants after it's been processed? I wonder if it's defeating my purpose for drinking tea in the first place... for the health benefits.

I'm re-thinking my strategy. I thought I'd take to the tea drinking more readily if I stopped drinking Diet Coke entirely. But now I'm thinking maybe a better strategy would be to still allow myself one DC each morning and then drinking tea (or water) the rest of the day. I don't know if I have that kind of will power though. I guess we'll see. I can't go another week in a fog and being sluggish. I'm just not getting enough stuff done.

I got a tip about Snapple tea. I may give that a try too.

Ahhh. I'm sure enjoying that DC!