Sunday, April 29, 2007

I Thank You

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who took the time and effort to leave me and my family your comments of sympathy and support. In the wee hours of the night when sleep alluded me, your comments consoled me. I felt your kindness and thoughtfulness across the miles and was touched by each and every comment I received. I find it hard to put into words just how much I appreciated you all.

I remember a time when my extended family all lived in the same community and attended baptisms, weddings, funerals, and even parties they were invited to without question. It would have been the height of rudeness for a family member not to attend and they would have been thought less of for it. Of course back then employers understood that and funeral leave was automatically given to employees out of courtesy. That's not the case any more. These days extended family members are often scattered across the globe, busy with their own lives, and commonly not given funeral leave except in the case of immediate family members. There's not as much sympathy and support available from extended family members as there used to be. At least in my family there isn't. So you can see why I appreciate your support and that of my other dear friends so very much. You were there for me when others couldn't/wouldn't be.

I thank you.

Jasia