Sunday, May 27, 2007

When I Grow Up I Want to Be...

When I grow up I want to be... able to create a family scrapbook album as good as T.K.'s.

Cheryl's post, Enhancing Your Blog With Great Features, describes a number of features of T.K.'s Before My Time blog. The one that caught my eye was a link to the post Evelyn and Rosmer: A Scrapbook. So I clicked on the link which took me to a blog post that has a graphic image of the cutest little girl you ever did see. I clicked on the image and it took me to T.K.'s online photo album of her digital scrapbook pages. WOW!

I am so in awe of these scrapbook pages. Each one is a true work of art. The photos are absolutely wonderful but the page layouts and journaling take them to a whole other level.

Bravo T.K.! We know who inherited the Creative Gene in your family.

7 comments:

  1. The scrapbook is gorgeous. I had never heard of digital scrapbooking, which is really weird since I consider myself to be fairly web/computer savvy. I am off to learn more about it. What a terrific idea for a genealogy blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jasia, for your comments and for viewing TK's album. I agree she has some fantastic talent. Her album of her grandparents is one of my favorite posts in her blog. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, I hope you're right about digital scrapbooking being a great idea for a genealogy blog because that will be my next venture. Very soon I'll be launching my new blog, Creative Genealogy, which will have digital scrapbooking as one of it's main features. Stay tuned... it won't be long now!

    Cheryl, I'm so glad you wrote about T.K.'s blog in your post. I'm so inspired now that I've seen her pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks, y'all! It's not every day I get to wallow in buckets of glory. Watch out for digital scrappin' though. It's easy to lose whole days to it--way too much fun. :-D

    Jasia, love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasia, your new blog look is beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jasia, love the look of your new blog too. And thanks for posting the links to both of the blogs you mention. The digital scrapbooks are awesome. I'm looking forward to your new blog too. Sounds like it may be a lot of work, somewhat addicting, and fun too! Sounds kinda like genealogy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the kind remarks about the new look of my blog. The redesign is something I've been meaning to do for some time now but you know how it is... the cobbler's son is the one running around with holes in his shoes. I still have a bit of work to do on the design (take it from 2 columns to 3) but I'm almost there.

    The new blog is already designed and I'm working on the first few posts for it. I'll be announcing it shortly. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete