Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Here's My Personality

O.K., I'll play along. Randy has a post about personality types, with links to an online personality quiz. I took the test and here's what I come up with:

Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ESFP)

Your personality type is playful, charming, open minded, and energetic.

Only about 7% of all people have your personality, including 9% of all women and 5% of all men
You are Extroverted, Sensing, Feeling, and Perceiving.
How Rare Is Your Personality?

I'm not sure I'd use those adjectives to describe myself but maybe others would. If you know me please leave a comment and let me know if I come across this way to others. I'd love to know.

Next, I went to the other site that Randy mentioned (typelogic.com) for more information on my "type". According to this site, here's me:

"Where's the party?" ESFPs love people, excitement, telling stories and having fun. The spontaneous, impulsive nature of this type is almost always entertaining. And ESFPs love to entertain -- on stage, at work, and/or at home. Social gatherings are an energy boost to these "people" people.

SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that's almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It's really quite fascinating.

New! ESFPs are attracted to new ideas, new fashions, new gadgets, new ______. Perhaps it's the newness of life that attracts ESFPs to elementary education, especially to preschool and kindergarten.

ESFPs love to talk to people about people. Some of the most colorful storytellers are ESFPs. Their down-to-earth, often homespun wit reflects a mischievous benevolence.

Almost every ESFP loves to talk. Some can be identified by the twenty minute conversation required to ask or answer a simple factual question.

Interesting. I can identify with just about this all of this description except for one thing... I'm definitely a spider-web thinker, definitely attracted to "New!", I definitely love to talk about people and talk in general. I do love social gatherings, people, excitement, and having fun. And I really like to entertain but... never on stage. I like my share of attention but I don't like being the center of attention as in "on stage". I love to dress so as to turn heads, but you won't find me on a runway. I love to blog about genealogy and having a large "audience" of readers is important to me, but you won't find me presenting at a seminar. Guess I'm not quite that extroverted.