Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Nice Matters To Me

Today I was bestowed with the nicest award I can imagine, the Nice Matters Award. Lest you think I'm just trying to be punny, let me assure you I'm not. In this often times crazy world we live in I find that "nice" is a trait seen less and less often. And why? Because people are in a hurry and forget their manners, they are fearful of being labeled something other than "politically correct" so they skip common courtesy, and because they're sleep deprived which makes them cranky!

Don't get me wrong, I was very happy to have received the Thinking Blogger Award a while back. But the Nice Matters Award actually means more to me. The Internet is full of web sites and blogs that have information that will make you think. Just drop by CNN.com and you'll see what I mean. But nice? In my experience that's not so easy to find on the Internet. I like to make you think but I like even more for you to feel in some way a little bit better for having visited my places on the Internet.

So then, I want to sincerely thank Miriam for honoring me with this award. Miriam, if you weren't already a recipient of this award I'd be naming you as the next recipient. So back at 'ya girl! In turn I'd like bestow this award on Kimberly Powell of Genealogy.About.com, fM of the footnoteMaven blog, Schelly Talalay Dardashti of Tracing the Tribe blog, and Myrt of DearMYRTLE.com. If there was a genealogy conference on the topic of Nice Genealogy, you all could teach the sessions!