Friday, March 28, 2008

Honkin' My Own Horn

In keeping with the theme for the April 4, 2008 edition of the Carnival of Genealogy (Cars as stars of our family history), I'd like to take a moment to honk my own horn!

The Creative Gene blog and the Carnival of Genealogy have gotten some media attention this week. First I received an email from Mitch Goldstone of ScanMyPhotos.com indicating that my blog was chosen to be the recipient of a 2008 Artistry of Genealogy Award in the category of "Best Ongoing Family History Story". I love this category and am flattered that my blog is seen this way! Yeah! The award announcement was written up on their blog earlier in the week and the press release came out today. I'd like to thank Mitch and the folks at ScanMyPhotos.com for the award. I'm honored!

I'd also like to send out a round of applause to my fellow genea-blogger, Miriam at AnceStories, who won for the category, "Best Personal Genealogy Blog". Yeah!

Then I was quite surprised to read Randy's post announcing that my blog and the COG were featured in an article by Janice Nickerson in the May 2008 issue of Internet Genealogy magazine. How cool is that? I'm tickled that the COG is getting the attention it deserves. And I want to thank everyone who contributes to it for making it the terrific publication that it is! And thanks to Janice Nickerson and Internet Genealogy magazine for getting the word out. I appreciate it!

And last but not least, I'd like to thank my loyal friends Randy, Becky, Jessica, Craig, and Bill for their announcements and kind expressions. You guys rock!