Friday, May 16, 2008

Creative Gene Gets the Excellence Award and Passes It On

The Creative Gene blog has been given the Excellence Award for hosting the Carnival of Genealogy :-)

Thank you to Jewelgirl who chose the Creative Gene blog to receive this honor for which I am tickled pink! I think it's a nice idea to share these sorts of honors from time to time as a recognition of how much we appreciate our fellow bloggers. The rule has been to choose 10 blogs to pass the Excellence Award on to but I think I'm going to go with just 3 (not that I don't know of 10 deserving genea-bloggers with Excellent blogs but I think choosing too many recipients dilutes the specialness of being selected). With that in mind, I'm going to choose the following 3 bloggers to receive the Excellence Award for what they have done for the Carnival of Genealogy on their blogs...

Steve Danko at Steve's Genealogy Blog for being the first blogger to submit an article to the COG (way back in the 3rd edition). If it weren't for Steve and all the wonderful people who write and submit articles for the COG, well, the COG just wouldn't be. Because I sure as heck couldn't have kept it up by myself all this time!

Randy Seaver (who by the way was the second to submit an article) at Genea-Musings for being the first blogger to announce and promote the COG (announcing the 5th edition). If it weren't for Randy and all of you who announce and promote the COG on your blogs it would never have grown to be the wonderful online genealogy magazine that it is today!

Kimberly Powell at Kimberly Powell's Genealogy Blog for being the first blogger to be a guest host of the COG (the 11th edition). If it weren't for Kimberly and the select few who have taken on the hosting of the COG when I needed a break it might not have gotten the wonderful reputation it has today. Guest hosts bring elements of freshness and excitement to the COG!

Jewelgirl gave me the Excellence Award a month ago but I have waited to announce it and pass it on because I wanted to do it in conjunction with the second anniversary of the Carnival of Genealogy. The next edition of the COG, the 48th, will mark 2 years of its online publication. Is that amazing or what?

I think this anniversary presents a wonderful opportunity to acknowledge and say thank you to everyone who has helped make the COG the Excellent publication that it is. And so I want to personally thank each and every one of you who have contributed to, announced and promoted, hosted, commented on, suggested topics for, have links to, designed posters of, written articles about, used it in their classes, read it, and given me kudos and wonderful comments of support for the Carnival of Genealogy. You guys are the best and have all contributed to the Creative Gene blog getting the Excellence Award! Thank you!

And just wait till you see what the topic will be to start off the third year of the COG... it's guaranteed to make you smile (and maybe whistle too ;-) It will be Excellent!