Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Technology Tuesday

Technology. Can't live without it but it sure can make you crazy.

The good news is, I have my laptop back! One week after I dropped it off at Circuit City I got a call that it was ready to be picked up. They had to replace the mother board, which is what we suspected the problem to be. It's amazing how doing without one machine can totally interrupt your work flow. It's not like I didn't have other computers to work on. But it was still a hardship to do without it. I'm sooo glad to have it back :-D

The bad news is my Epson scanner died. Yeesh! Here again I have a backup but it's not as well suited or situated for scanning photos (it excels at scanning multiple documents). Fortunately, I'm still within my 1-yr warranty period so off it goes to the local service center for repairs. I have no estimate yet on how long it will take.

One last technology item. I'm thinking about getting the new HTC Touch Diamond phone. I just love the cool touch screen (easy on my aging eyes ;-) and all the whistles and bells on it. My PDA is dying so I'm thinking of getting this phone which runs Windows Mobile 6.1 to replace it. Does anyone have any feedback on this phone? It's new so there aren't many reviews on it yet. I just thought I'd mention it here in case someone reading this has one and would like to comment on it. I'd appreciate hearing about it!