Saturday, December 06, 2008

Christmas Meme

Julie found this meme over at Smoky Mountain Family Historian and decided to play along. I feel like playing too. Here goes...

Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly bags, but I wrap large things that come in boxes (like a TV).

Real tree or Artificial? - Artificial. I'm in love with the idea of a real tree but not the added work.

When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend, unless I have a new puppy or kitten in the house. This year my tree isn't up yet because I'm afraid Kaj will try to eat the ornaments (he's teething and he tries to eat everything).

When do you take the tree down? Around New Year's day.

Do you like eggnog? No.

Favorite gift received as a child? My bouncy horse. Second favorite would have been my Barbie Dream House.

Hardest person to buy for? My father in law.

Easiest person to buy for? My daughter.

Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. It goes on my fireplace mantle every Christmas season.

Mail or email Christmas cards? I tried email Christmas cards once and it didn't go over well. I'm sticking to traditional Christmas cards now.

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Stale candy.

Favorite Christmas Movie? "A Charlie Brown Christmas" isn't a movie but it is out on DVD so I'm counting it. It's my all time favorite holiday show. By the way, it will be televised this coming Monday, Dec. 8 at 8pm EST on ABC.

When do you start shopping for Christmas? I used to start around Labor Day weekend and finish on Thanksgiving weekend. Now I start on Thanksgiving weekend.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate candy.

Lights on the tree? Yes. All white lights.

Favorite Christmas song? Silver Bells.

Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.

Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes!

Angel on the tree top or a star? Polish Angel.

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve.

Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Trying to find a place to hide presents.

Favorite ornament theme or color? My ornaments are all multi-colored but I always use white lights and white pearl beads as basics.

Favorite for Christmas dinner? City Chicken, Pierogi, Sweet and Sour Kielbasa.

What do you want for Christmas this year? New camera and a new set of nightstands for my bedroom.

What is your favorite thing about the holidays? Being together with family.