Monday, December 06, 2010

Carnival of Genealogy, 100th Edition, There's One in Every Family (Miscellaneous)

This is the last of this 4-part series of the Carnival of Genealogy, 100th Edition.
Thanks for the scrapbook page, Vickie!

There's One in Every Family... Special Recipes


1. Amanda E. Perrine presents Aunt Beulah's Coffee Cake posted at Amanda's Athenæum, saying, "My family's amazing coffee cake that was originally made by my great great aunt Beulah. Recipe included!"

2. Michelle Goodrum presents There's one in every family! - 100th Carnival of Genealogy posted at The Turning of Generations, saying, "Each family has that special recipe that everyone clamors for during the holidays. In this 100th COG celebration, learn about the history of our traditional holiday dish, and how to make it – Sweet Potato Casserole."

3. Debra Osborne Spindle aka "Tex" presents Pink Salad: 100th Carnival of Genealogy posted at All My Ancestors.

4. Mary Hartmann Bowden presents Carnival of Genealogy: "There's One in Every Family" posted at Me and My Ancestors, saying, "I sure my family has some interesting characters I just don't know the stories.  What I do know is a recipe. Hot milk cake." 

There's One in Every Family... Miscellaneous


1.**Judy Cole presents Every Family Has?. posted at The Genealogy Gals, saying, "Congratulations on the 100th COG! In this entry the difference between genealogy and family history is resolved and spelling is criticized." (Family Historian/Genealogist)

2. Vickie Everhart presents The Family Scribe -- every family has one posted at And I quote . . ., saying, "This quotation is being submitted just for fun . . . and because it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the topic for this COG . . . and because whoever originally wrote this did a pretty good job of describing how I feel about researching my family history . . . more to come from my other blog(s) . . ." (Family Historian/Genealogist)

3. Ed Hamilton presents James Dudley—Cut from a Different Cloth posted at My Old Ohio Home. (Links to blog weren't working at time of publication)


5. footnoteMaven presents We're Still Having Fun, & You're Still The One posted at footnoteMaven, saying, "“Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.”" (Our COG Family!)

6. Apple presents A Most Memorable Year posted at Apple's Tree, saying, "In every family, perhaps every few generations, there is a year that stands out. For my family that year was 1984." (Year)

7. Carol Wilkerson presents COG 100th Edition ? There Is One In Every Family posted at iPentimento. (Year/Event)

8. Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith presents Carnival of Genealogy - 100th Edition - 'There's one in every family!' posted at Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories. (Single person)

9. Terri presents There's One in Every Family, or Maybe Two, or Three posted at Southwest Arkie. (Poem-secret keeper)

10. Thomas MacEntee presents That Woman posted at Destination: Austin Family, saying, "She went by many names - Mom, Grandma, Aunt Mary. Sometimes she wasn't even a blood relative. But she kept the family together and made sure there were memories worth preserving. She was That Woman." (That woman)

11. Jennifer Wilhelmi presents "There's One In Every Family!" - Kolacky posted at The Erudite Genealogist, saying, "Kolackys, fruit filled sweet bread rolls, are a necessity at family gatherings, especially holidays. (Description of Kolacky)

12. Anne Kruszka presents There's One in Every Family - COG 100th Edition posted at Gene Notes. (Birth order)


That concludes this 100th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy. Whew! What a doozy, eh? I don't know about you but I'm exhausted. It was a heck of ride!!! I feel so good about the COG and this 100th edition and I owe it all to those wonderful folks who contributed their terrific articles to make my wish come true. One last time I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You're the best!


And you know what comes next, don't you? It's time for another Call for Submissions! The topic for the next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy will be... I don't know, you decide. I'm going to try something different with the 101st edition. I've posted a poll on the left side of my blog with 4 topic choices. Please vote for your favorite. The poll is open until noon (EST) on Monday, December 13th. At that point I'll post the most popular choice here on my blog. Regardless of which topic is chosen, the deadline for submissions will be January 1st. There may or may not be a limit on the number of submissions depending on the topic chosen. I'll let you know about that when I post the official call for submissions on December 13th. Let me know what you like!

Thanks for stopping by the Carnival of Genealogy! Happy reading!



Technorati tags:

, .