Friday, November 04, 2011

Carnival of Genealogy, 111th Edition

Welcome to the November 4, 2011 edition of the Carnival of Genealogy. The topic for this edition is: Autumn Weddings! Can you hear those wedding bells ringing? I sure hope so because we have several lovely wedding stories to share with you. I know you'll enjoy these trips down memory lane. Come join in the celebrations!

A celebratory beverage is in order so pour yourself a glass of champagne to toast these brides and grooms as they walk down the aisle... the Carnival is back in town!

Linda Gartz presents Happy 100th Anniversary! 10/13/1911-10/13/2011 posted at Family Archaeologist, saying, "My grandparents married 100 years ago this autumn. I discovered my grandmother's description of that day in a letter, which is linked to this post celebrating their centennial anniversary on Oct. 13, 2011. Click on the link to "The Half Day Honeymoon" to get the story behind the photos."

Nancy Messier presents The Activities and Anticipations of a Bride in 1914 posted at My Ancestors and Me, saying, "What might it have been like to be a bride in 1914? Come read."

Dorene Paul presents The Wedding of Leona Schoenegge and Clifford Lindsley posted at Graveyard Rabbit of Sandusky Bay, saying, "Dorene from Ohio describes the wedding of family friends Leona and Cliff from September of 1935."


Lisa Gorrell presents Three Generation of Gorrells Marry on October 6 posted at My Trails into the Past, saying, "This is my first entry."


Jasia presents :: C R E A T I V E G E N E ::: A November Wedding in Poland posted at Creative Gene. My second great grandparents, like most of my ancestors, married in the autumn. Why autumn? Come read my post and find out!


Julie Goucher presents Carnival Of Genealogy 111 - Autumn Weddings posted at Anglers Rest, saying, "Exploring the wedding of my Grandparents."


Carol presents Autumn Marriage of 1814, the 111th Carnival Of Genealogy posted at Reflections From the Fence, saying, "While contemplating my choice for this carnival, I printed out a report of marriages and discovered I had over 13 pages, single spaced, of marriages in my data base that took place in September, October or November! So, I wimped out on reviewing that list and chose Man's 3rd great grandparents to highlight."


Linda McCauley presents Emma and Elmer Eloped posted at Documenting the Details, saying, "My grandparents eloped 11 Oct 1920 because my grandmother didn't want everyone to cry like they did at her older sister's wedding nine years earlier."


Kristin Cleage Williams presents Dr. Albert B. Cleage and Miss Pearl D. Reed were married at noon Thursday... posted at My Cleages And Reeds, saying, ""In the presence of relatives and immediate friends of the two families Dr. Albert B. Cleage, Interne at the City Dispensary, and Miss Pearl D. Reed 2730 Kenwood avenue, were married at noon Thursday.""


Leah presents An Autumn Wedding posted at The Internet Genealogist, saying, "My great-grandparents married in the shadow of Mt. Shasta in September of 1919 and had 46 happy years together."


Shelley Bishop presents A Big Game for the Big Day posted at A Sense of Family, saying, "My grandparents picked a momentous day in football-crazed Columbus, Ohio to elope in 1935. It was a story she loved to tell, and I've tried to let her say in her own words here."


Jennifer Shoer presents A Jewish Autumn Wedding posted at The Scrappy Genealogist, saying, "We've had lots of autumn weddings in our family, but I chose my own wedding because I want my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren to know more about our wedding than I do about my own grandparents' special days."

Bill West presents AN EARLY AUTUMN WEDDING posted at West in New England. I chose to write about this wedding because a new member of the family will be arriving shortly and it seemed fitting to look back to the earliest West family wedding that we know of so far.

 That concludes this edition of the Carnival of Genealogy. Sigh. The romance still lingers in the air, don't you think? I'm a romantic at heart so this edition really appealed to me. How 'bout you? Well, if this didn't do it for you  perhaps the topic for our next edition will.

Call for Submissions! The topic for the next edition of the COG will be: An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving. Share with us a favorite memory of the Thanksgiving holiday. Or, if you'd prefer, imagine how you think the Thanksgiving holiday was celebrated by one of your ancestors and share that with us. If your family has no ties to America, perhaps you'd like to imagine how you would celebrate Thanksgiving if you were here visiting during the holiday. We're open to all family Thanksgiving stories, real or imagined. Come on, get creative! You can have some real fun with this topic! The 112th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy will be all about giving thanks. The deadline for submissions is December 1st.

Submit your blog article to the next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy using our carnival submission form. Please use a descriptive phrase in the title of any articles you plan to submit and/or write a brief description/introduction to your articles in the "comment" box of the blog carnival submission form. This will give readers an idea of what you've written about and hopefully interest them in clicking on your link. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Share |

Technorati tags: , .