Thursday, January 02, 2014

Happy New Year

Ahem.

Hello.

Anybody out there?

Boy, I sure am rusty at this blogging stuff. It's been a while. Quite a while.

I find myself staring at a blank page and wondering where to start. I have no idea. I didn't sit down with an outline of what to write. I just wanted to write something to break the ice, so to speak. It's a new year and I guess it's time for me to get back into blogging. In order to do that, I have to have something to write about. That means I'll have to get back to doing some genealogy and family history research. I haven't done anything along those lines in over a year.

A couple of months ago a dear friend sent me an email informing me that records from the ancestral village of one of my family lines are now online. I was delighted to learn that. I went to check them out and realized it was all foreign to me. Of course it would be because the records are written in Russian (Cyrillic) and I don't read Russian. But that aside, I realized that I've been away from everything genealogy-related for long enough that I can't just jump in and pick up where I left off. I'm going to have to learn the ropes again and that will take some time. The blogging will have to come along somewhere down the line after I get comfortable with what I'm genea-doing. ;-)

Anyway, if there is anyone still following this blog, Happy 2014! May your year be filled with genealogy successes!