Thursday, June 22, 2006

Jelly Doughnuts Rule!

Janet Evanovich never fails to deliver. She had me laughing out loud by page 3 of Twelve Sharp. And the laughter didn't end there. It continued throughout the entire book. This book was so good I'm already rereading it. It's definitely her best book to date.

I'd like to meet Janet in person some day. I admire creative minds and am fascinated by the way they see the world. I can't imagine what an ordinary conversation would be with Janet. What does she think when she reads the news headlines or drives down a country road? I picture her like the jelly doughnut Stephanie likens herself to in Eleven On Top... a nice ordinary looking person on the outside but inside she has gobs of jelly just waiting to squirt out (that would be creative humor waiting to squirt out in Janet's case). For a much better understanding of the jelly doughnut/Stephanie thing, referred to Chapter 13 of Eleven On Top.

Janet is quite the story teller and a number of her books have been on the New York Times Best Seller's List. I'm certain Twelve Sharp will be there as well. And now, back to the book, back to Ranger...