Friday, June 01, 2007

Drumroll Please...

Announcing the birth of my new blog, Creative Genealogy!

Creative Genealogy (creativegenealogy.blogspot.com) is a blog for genealogists who enjoy getting creative with their family history. It will offer all sorts of creative ideas and helpful tips for taking your genealogy to the next level... the creative level! Topics will include digital scrapbooking, creative writing, family cookbooks, photo restoration, handcrafts, and more.

Genealogy is more than just names and dates, documents and vital records. It's all of your family's heritage in living color, with sound and graphics, tastes and smells, textures and emotion. This blog will show you how to preserve your family's heritage in a variety of ways beyond the standard fact-filled book with text and a few old photos. There are lots more options to explore...

It's a little nerve-wracking to start a new blog... wondering if there is an audience for your ideas. I must admit I was planning this introduction with the shortly-upcoming next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy in mind. Its topic will be, "Who inherited the creative gene in your family?". But I've only gotten 5 submissions so far (2 are mine!) and the deadline is today. So I'm starting to wonder if genealogists have creative genes in their family and if there will be any interest at all in my new blog ;-)

I hope you'll stop by and visit CGy and give me some honest feedback. I surely would appreciate it if you could help me get the word out about it too. Hugs and kisses to anyone who links to Creative Genealogy!!!