Thursday, November 29, 2007

Announcing A New Blog

I received the nicest e-mail last evening. It was an e-mail I've been hoping to receive for over a year now. This e-mail was announcing the birth of a new blog. Not just any blog, but a genealogical society blog! So why am I so excited about this? Because this is the first blog I'm aware of that came about as a result of the series of articles that I wrote in August of 2006 on the declining membership in genealogical societies. It is truly gratifying to know that my series inspired someone to champion the cause and take the steps necessary to move their genealogical society into the 21st century.

I'm smiling from ear to ear :-D

In the scheme of things, this is just one small step for this genealogical society. But it's a step in the right direction. I applaud the Board of Directors who had the courage to support this idea and the individual who has taken on the task of authoring the blog. I'm sure she won't mind my telling you about her and her blog since in her first blog post she referred to me and mine.

Ladies and gentlemen, how about a round of applause for Kathryn at the California Genealogical Society and Library! Her new blog can be found at: http://calgensoc.blogspot.com/

Congratulations on your new blog Kathryn!