Wednesday, November 28, 2007

No Christmas Yet

I'm remembering the special that was on TV last night, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and drinking a mug of hot chocolate (with a mountain of whipped cream on top). It's got me thinking cheery holiday thoughts. :-)

Normally by this time I'd have my Christmas tree up and and all my indoor decorations up too. I love the holiday season and gazing at the Christmas tree all aglow is very heart warming for me. My tree is always decorated with ornaments I've collected over the years, gifts from friends, souvenirs from family vacations, hand-made treasures, and many beautiful glass ornaments from Poland. I think of it as my "memory tree" because each year when I gaze at it, it triggers loads of happy memories of people and places near and dear to me.

This year my tree is still packed in the box and the ornaments are still in their wrappings. There are no signs of Christmas around my house yet. Why? Because a menace lurks around every corner, and his name is VladiCat!

If you remember, way back in January, I wrote a blog post about my new kitten, Vladi. Well, Vladi is now a cat, full of mischief and mayhem. I'm afraid that when I put my Christmas tree up he will topple it trying to climb to the top. And I'm worried that he will find my beautiful Christmas ornaments irresistible to play with. I can't spend every moment in front of the tree to keep VladiCat away (he's a sneaky one and would be at the tree the very moment I turned my back). So for now, there's no Christmas yet at my house.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to keep VladiCat away from my tree? Besides being the King of Curiosity, he also has a propensity for chewing on electrical cords. It could be a disaster in the making. Help!