Sunday, December 02, 2007

Santa Came Early

I must have been a good girl this year because Santa (via a FedEx truck) came to my house early this Christmas. I got not one but two new scanners :-) Hurry up Scanfest... I'm ready for you!

Scanner #1 is an Epson Perfection V200 Color Scanner. It's a flat bed scanner that goes zoom!

Scanner #2 is a Canon MX700. It's one of those all-in-one things that copies, faxes, scans, and prints.

Why two scanners? One for speed (the Epson scans three pages in the time it used to take me to scan one page using my old Epson scanner) and one for the auto-feed function (great for documents ;-) Now I can scan fast when I need to or throw in a bunch of documents (up to 30 at one time) and walk away while the scanning gets done.

Having dual scanners is not new to me, by the way. I've had two scanners for quite some time now. I'm just replacing them both at the same time. I previously had a flat bed scanner (Epson) and a sheet fed scanner (Visioneer). They each served different purposes, one for photos, one for documents.

I don't know how old my "old" scanners were but they didn't have any of the whistles and bells that the new scanners have. I'm going to have to read the manuals to learn how to use my new toys. They look to be pretty complicated. I'll try to remember to write up a post "reviewing" the new toys when I've had a chance to play with them. But with Christmas just a few weeks away I probably won't get much play time before the New Year.