Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Addendum to the Carnival of Genealogy, 41st Edition

I want to apologize for not including Diane Rogers' post in the February 4, 2008 edition of the Carnival of Genealogy. While I have had problems with the BlogCarnival web site not getting submissions to me in the past I have no one but myself to blame this time around. In spite of having filters set up so that my email from the BlogCarnival site wouldn't accidentally go into my spam folder, this one did. I didn't catch it. What's more, Diane wrote me a personal email to let me know that she had submitted an article for the COG and I lost that email too. Yeesh! That's tells you what my state of mind has been like lately :-( I'm embarrassed. {hanging my head}

Thank goodness Diane left me a comment to let me know that her article didn't get included in the COG. Please know that I would never intentionally leave anyone's article out of the Carnival of Genealogy unless it were inappropriate or off-topic. So if this sort of thing should ever happen to anyone else, please let me know ASAP and I will do my best to remedy the situation immediately.

So, let me tell you about Diane's article! Dinner Guests from the Past-Vancouver Style-41st Carnival of Genealogy is post at CanadaGenealogy, or, 'Jane's Your Aunt'. Diane writes beautifully and her line, "She’s a silhouette on my family tree.", describing an ancestor who she has no pictures or even a sample signature of, is my favorite. And I have to admit that she got my mouth watering with her Vancouver-style dinner. But the most interesting part of her article was meeting her ancestors and the tale about her Rogers surname. I won't tell you why that was so interesting, you'll have to head on over and find out for yourself! Thanks for sharing your ancestors' dinner party with us Diane!

I've not made it a practice to write addendums for those who forgot to submit their articles (and please don't ask me to do this in the future) but since I have this addendum going already I'd like to mention another dinner party you should check out.

Apple wrote, Dining Out on her Apple's Tree blog. Apple can always charm us and make us smile with her writing style. For her dinner with four ancestors she does it once again. Stop by and meet her ancestors, including one who according to legend had gold sewn into his pockets! Great questions for interesting ancestors Apple! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Now, I am going to go back and edit the original COG#41 to include these two articles. So anyone reading that edition of the COG in the future will find 33 participants instead of 31.