Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Funk, Funk, Funk

I'm heartened to hear of others who are in a blogging funk. It's nice to know I'm in good company ;-)

Here's the truth. I'm hugely distracted by the new condo we bought. When I'm not there working on it, I'm planning the next project or shopping for it. I'm having a ball executing all my decorating plans but I'm not getting much genealogy research or blogging done.

My dear cousin M.E. sent me a wonderful collection of her family photos. There are a bunch of really good ones that I can't wait to design digi-scrap pages for :-)

And then there's the next edition of the COG with the topic of "local history". I'm thinking I'll write about St. Joseph since I now own a home there. I can learn about my new home town and write something for my blog at the same time :-) I'll probably have to create a scrapbook page or two as well :-))

The condo is coming along but it's going slowly. Why do home improvement projects always take 3 times as long and cost twice as much as you think they will? And why is it that things always look good in the store but then when you get them home they're not quite right? Why?

Take heart readers of the Creative Gene blog, Memorial Day weekend is only 5+ weeks away. That's the point where I stop working on the condo until after Labor Day. At least that's the plan. I probably won't be blogging while I'm out there but I will have some time to blog when I'm home. So you can look for more frequent blog posts from me then.

The weather is much improved around here these days. The trees have buds on them and will be bursting forth with their new leaves in just a few weeks. I can't wait to see what kind of tree I have growing up through my deck. If the leaves that fell last fall (and are still on the deck) are any indication, it's an oak tree.

I'll leave you with a photo I took a couple weeks ago. These are the lighthouses in St. Joseph from Silver Beach park on a cold, raw, day in March.

Hang in there with me! I'll be writing more soon!