Resurrection Church, Detroit
Address: 3983 Miller, Detroit, MI 48211
Current Parish Status: Closed in 1989
School in Operation: No
First Year Parish Founded: 1920
Year Present Church was Built: 1961
First Pastor: Rev. Fr. Szok
Pastor in 1985: Rev. Fr. Edward Lis
Mass Schedule in 1985: Saturday 4:00pm (English); Sunday 9:00am (Polish) 11:00am (English)
No. of Families in Parish in 1985: 250
Percentage of Polish Descent: 90%
Considered as a Polish Ethnic Parish: Yes
Polish Religious Traditions Preserved: Yes
Location: East side
Resurrection parish was located in the area south of Hamtramck and north of the old Poletown area.
Resurrection parish offered itself as a refuge and worship center for newly arriving Albanian immigrants.
The parish closed in 1989.
Resurrection Church is now a Mosque - complete with a Half Moon where the Cross was.
The Souvenir book of the tenth anniversary of the founding of Resurrection Parish, 1921-1931 has been cataloged and is searchable on the PGSA web site.
Some information from, "The Polish Roman Catholic Churches of Metropolitan Detroit" by PERC. c. 1985. Used with permission from Michael Krolewski, editor.