Monday, April 20, 2009

Creative Gene Podcasts

I've had a few requests for audio podcasts of my Creative Gene blog over the last couple of years. I've avoided going down that road because I feared the learning curve for the necessary technology was more than I wanted to take on. Then I read Schelly's blog post. She announced that she was using OdioGo.com to offer podcasts of Tracing the Tribe to her readers. She was kind enough to send me an email explaining that she was using OdioGo.com which reads your blog posts so you don't have go through recording them. That sounded good to me :-)

So I'm giving OdioGo.com a try. At the beginning of each of my blog posts you will see a "listen here" button. All you have to do is click that button to hear the post read to you or see links to download a podcast. Using OdioGo.com requires me to use full feeds instead of short feeds. I don't like using full feeds for a couple of reasons but I'm willing to give this a try for a few weeks to see how it goes. Since my previous posts only had short feeds, you won't be able to go back to hear the full audio on them. But, you should be able to hear it on this post and all future posts for the next few weeks while I evaluate the situation.

You can subscribe to Creative Gene podcasts by clicking on the OdioGo button in the right side column of this page.

Thanks for the tip, Schelly!

Do you like this idea? Will you make use of it? Let me know what you think!