Friday, February 13, 2009

And the iGene Award for 2008 Goes To...

It's that time again!

I'd like to announce the winners of the Academy of Genealogy and Family History iGene awards for the Creative Gene blog for 2008. The articles below were selected from among hundreds of articles published last year and represent what I think were "the best of the best". I must admit, it was very hard to choose the winners!

In the category of Best Picture the award goes to: Josephine, The Tie That Binds Us. This photo of my grand aunt Josie just warms my heart. She was a beautiful lady inside and out.

In the category of Best Screen Play the award goes to: It Was An Ugly Car! This article was written for the 45th Edition of the Carnival of Genealogy who's topic was "Cars as stars of our family history". I would love to see the experience of my first car on the big screen! I think this little tidbit of my life could be made into a fun coming of age story.

In the category of Best Documentary the award goes to: Polish Folk Art. This article is the first of 4 in a series about my personal collections of Polish art. The series, written for the Polish History and Culture Challenge, showcases many items made by the skilled hands of Polish artisans.

In the category of Best Biography the award goes to: An Independent Lady. This article, written for the 51st Edition of the Carnival of Genealogy, features my grandmother, a lady who had independence in spades!

In the category of Best Comedy the award goes to: It Tickles My Funny Bone... This article & scrapbook page were created for the 6th Edition of Smile for the Camera. I can't look at this photo without smiling! :-)

It was fun to look back at the articles of 2008. I hope you enjoyed my choices too!