Wednesday, October 26, 2005

NaNo Meet Up

Today I got to meet some fellow NaNo writers. It was a nice day for a drive and Ann Arbor is a nice place to drive to. I enjoyed meeting GlaeWitch and EmeraldYam (Mya). It was fun to talk about the challenges of writing and what our novels will be about. It is nice to have faces in mind, faces that will be writing just like I will. It's all starting to seem more real now that I've met flesh and blood people. Before, the whole NaNo thing seemed like some sort of online-cyber unreality. Now it seems human. And it was comforting to know that others have some of the same concerns and issues I have.

I attended the memorial Mass for Michal Krolewski at St. Hyacynth Church this morning. There were over 500 people at the Mass and 8 priests in attendance. I was happy to see such a good turnout. Michal was such a good guy and he will be missed by so many people the world over. He is an example to us all of how one person can make a difference around the world. He truly lived to serve. I guess God must have thought he had completed his mission on earth because he left us too early to my way of thinking. He was only 55 years old. I didn't know him well having only met him a couple of times. But I liked him and respected him a great deal. God Bless You, Michal.