Friday, December 01, 2006

My Christmas Greeting to You

One of the things I like best about the Christmas season is the opportunity to see and savor one of my favorite collections, my Christmas ornaments. This year I'm going to share photos of some of my favorites with you on my blog. Starting today and continuing on until Christmas, I'll be including a photo with each of my blog posts.

I've collected a wide variety of ornaments over the years and each holiday season my Christmas tree wears this memorabilia marking the highlights of my life... vacations, hobbies, people, and places. Some of these ornaments I've bought, some I've made, and some were given to me. They represent the people and things that mean the most to me.

Except for a few pieces that I keep out year round, the collection is packed away most of the year. So it's a real treat for me to unpack these treasures of mine and put them out for display. Most of them get hung on my tree, but a few are set around the house on individual ornament stands.

I've photographed the ornaments in existing lighting because it captures the true warmth of the holiday season in my house. I hope you'll enjoy them.

Merry Christmas!


(Click on image to view larger)

A couple years ago I designed family crests for each of my family lines. I used colors and images that were relevant to each family. Then I had ornaments made up with these crests on them. This ornament has my Lisowski family crest on it. The three small images on the shield are eagles from the countries of Poland, Germany, and the United States... countries where members of my Lisowski family live. The large image on the shield is a fox. "Lis", the root of Lisowski, is the Polish word for fox. The red color was chosen because it is a color common to the Polish, United States, and German flags. The gold color was chosen because it represents a shaft of wheat, an image on the city crest of the family's ancestral village.