Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cookbook Update #1

I thought maybe it was time for an update on my family cookbook project. It's been almost 3 weeks since I started the project. I've sent out all of my letters requesting recipes except for the letters I will send to Poland. I'm still waiting on my translation. I'll have to push the deadline back a bit to accommodate the mailing time to and from Poland.

The recipes have been slow coming in but I'm not concerned at this point. I haven't decided on a software program yet anyway. I have downloaded one software program and have been playing around with it a bit. I like it so far but I've only had a short time to explore it. By this weekend I hope to get a second program downloaded to try. I love trial software!

I have to admit I'm really enjoying the recipes I've gotten so far. I haven't tried any of them but they do tempt me. I may have to break down and head to the kitchen to try out one or two. A cookbook editor should also be something of a food critic, don't you think? I watch a lot of cooking shows on the Food Network so I know all the lingo ;-) I might have to get my camera out too... food photographs always look good in cookbooks don't they?