Monday, May 07, 2007

Five Best Rides at the Carnival

The next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy will be the 24th, and it will mark the one-year anniversary of the COG. If you're not familiar with blog carnivals you can learn more about them here, but essentially they amount to an online magazine, regularly published on a given topic, with articles submitted by bloggers. In the past year the Carnival of Genealogy has covered a wide variety of topics of interest to the genealogical community and has featured a multitude of articles written by many talented and knowledgeable bloggers. The COG provides information, education, and amusement, as well as excellent examples of thoughtful, personal, and creative writing. If you haven't experienced a carnival, you should!

Looking back at the year in review, I have to smile. When I first started the COG I had no idea where it would go or even if it would go. For the first several issues I had to search the blogosphere myself for topical articles but eventually other bloggers started to submit articles of their own. However, it wasn't until the 14th edition that I had enough articles submitted so that I didn't have to supplement with blog posts I found myself. It's been a fun ride. I've discovered many new genealogy bloggers and made some very good friends along the way.

So that brings us up to date on the first year of the Carnival of Genealogy. I'd like to take this opportunity to share with you what I consider to be the Five Best Rides (aka "Top 5") at the Carnival of Genealogy. These are the editions that I think showcase the best collections of articles written by the genealogy blogging community. In no particular order, they are:
These are my picks for the "Top 5" best rides at the carnival, the Carnival of Genealogy that is. Which were your favorites?

This article was submitted to the ProBlogger Top 5 Group Writing Project. If I win, all my COG blogger buddies will be famous along with me. Wish me luck and show me some support!