St. Bartholomew Catholic Church, Detroit
Address: 2291 East Outer Drive, Detroit, MI
Current Parish Status: Closed in 2008.
School in Operation: Yes
First Year Parish Founded: 1925
Year Church was Built: 1950
First Pastor: Rev. Fr. Simon Kilar
Pastor in 1985: Rev. Fr. Richard Ugolik
Mass Schedule in 1985: Saturday 4:00pm (English); Sunday 9:00am (English), 11:00am (Polish), 12:15pm (English)
No. of Families in Parish in 1985: 1,200
Percentage of Polish Descent in 1985: 67%
Considered as a Polish Ethnic Parish: Yes
Polish Religious Traditions Preserved: Yes
Location: East side
The pastor of St. Bartholomew was also the administrator of Corpus Christi parish in 1985.
St. Bartholomew Parish merged with St. Rita, Detroit in 2008. Parish records are at St. Bartholomew - St. Rita.)
In 1985, the St. Bartholomew Elementary School had 190 students enrolled. The school was run by the Sisters of St. Joseph. The school still operates grades K-8 and their web site is here.
Some information from, "The Polish Roman Catholic Churches of Metropolitan Detroit" by PERC. c. 1985. Used with permission from Michael Krolewski, editor.